Photography

Before the creation of my final outcome portraits, I captured the faces of my peers that I chose to be the subjects of the portraits, since they have very diverse backgrounds and beautiful facial features that inspired me to paint them.  

Being introduced to the safety rules and taught how to use the studio in the past, I asked my tutors to give me access to the photography studio, I gathered my peers and took pictures of them with lights pointing from two sides and one of them being more dim, to create interesting shadows.

The following pictures are some of the photography outcomes that I will use as references in my artwork: 

Marvin(Nigeria)

Jesslyn(Indonesia)

Nada(Jordan)

Yusuf(Morocco)

Oleksandra(Ukraine)

Mohammad(India)




Some of the photographs were taken without access to the studio, due to the person not being available during the opening hours of the photography studio:

Aya(Algeria)

Jangir(Kazakhstan)

Manuela(Ghana)

(All participants gave consent to use their pictures in my project)

After practicing photography skills, I widened my possibilities as an artist and discovered new ways to capture art and develop the project I am carrying out. I learned that it is important to use references to learn how the real life shapes work and look, to then replicate and construct a good and proportionate work.

Comments

Popular Posts