Development sketches (3D)

Before starting my 3D work, I needed to practice my proportions and understanding of how the human hug works and looks, so I searched for reference pictures and studied them in Procreate software.




Pictures of the hug from wsj.com


Studying the hug from all sides helped me develop my final idea sketch and refine its proportions. I want to include a different height figures to create a contrast and personality to each subject. To follow up on my research post about Louise Bourgeois on my idea of mixing different elements to create a single artwork I wanted to add more warmth and environmental topics as well as improve the aesthetics of the work, I decided to add grass texture to the sculpture. 


I made a concept sketch for my sculpture in Procreate software to help with the visual development of the idea.

Comments

Popular Posts