Welcome!

Welcome to my Art Portfolio Two blog!

In Art Portfolio One we learned a range of skills including developing ideas, researching, working with various media and reflecting on our work. This term I chose the Fine Art progression, which I will be exploring more and exploring myself in it.

Meditation by Dima Rabik

This term we will work on the city of Cromwell, that is recovering from a tragedy that we need to create and improve on. Our projects are going to be based on a personalised brief for each progression.

Last term I experienced the sad side of university life, like anxiety, depression and confusion.  Because of my mental health many aspects of my work have been affected, like time management, which I need to really improve. Planning my work thoroughly is an essential skill that I am still learning and that will help me greatly.  

I feel big changes in my worldview and it is a very important period of my life. This term I want to be really honest with my feelings and explore my skill of communicating an idea I want the piece to conduct. I also want to experiment with different styles of art, like expressionism or abstract art. 

I also want to try out new technical skills and unusual media, for example printmaking or sewing, which is such an interesting field for me. DMU provides all the spaces and workshops for my plans which are very convenient for my use.  I am looking forward to all the topics I'm going to research and am interested in what this term has to teach me. 



References:

Rabik, D. (n.d.). Meditation.



Comments

  1. Good that you have completed your welcome post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts