Initial sketches

Continuing my idea development, I started my test sketches in Procreate app, to practice my planning and experiment with different ideas. 

First, I made a default lotus pose composition with abstract background inspired by kaleidoscopic patterns and used acidy complimentary colours of pink and green.


I liked the idea of the lotus pose, because when looking at the painting this yoga pose was radiating tranquility and I wanted to show internal peace through being together with nature so I thought to try that again but in a different composition, under a different angle and colours. 


Then, my tutor advised me to try it in traditional mediums and experiment with colours. I tried polychromatic colour palette with this sketch.


Then with the same idea, I tried monochromatic colour palette with green, to represent nature and peace. I like this palette, but I think it doesn’t match with my vision and keeps me in my comfort zone, not letting me trying out art risks. 




Comments

  1. Look at artists that focus on community - start with El Greco.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts