Initial ideas

 This lesson we needed to choose an image out of three images and link it to our idea sheets and sketches and associate how we can integrate them in our projects. I chose Hans Bellmer, Puppet, 1935-49 because it has a lot of organic shapes and a colourful, but limited palette which creates a beautiful light effect that I like. I also like how this confusing scene is representing a human body in a way that our brain can't explain, which, because it's confusing, makes it kind of repulsive to look at, and that is sometimes, depending on the purpose of the work, a good thing.



My works are going to have the theme of rebirth and rejuvenation, which is extremely needed for the Cromwell citizens after the tragedy. I might include animals and nature in my concept, but I also want to include human figures in my art, because I find it so curious how people function and I like capturing my findings in my art.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts