3D outcome practice

 After planning out the rooms, I wanted to practice it in 3D before adding details, to test it's effectiveness and possibility of recreation. I made calculations of the measurements, to turn it into accurate measurements for my real life minimised model.




After making sure I got the measurements, I took a couple foam boards and drew guides with a pencil and ruler, after which I cut them accordingly with a craft knife, ruler and cutting board.


Then I made guides on the base piece of how the walls should be positioned, and their measurement that were previously calculated and scaled. 


Then I marked the wall type with letters like A, B, C, A", B" and C" to not mix them up. 


I started placing them by using PVA glue, which worked good with foam boards. After positioning them I learned to make some pieces bigger/wider than they appear to be and other ones to be smaller/shorter to make them more suitable to glue together.



I ended up with this rough model that isn't very neatly done but it was a practice piece that along with tutorials with my tutors helped me understand that I should change my plans on the 3D outcome. I learned that I should make a corner of the restaurant rather than the whole restaurant layout, which could be done on my 2D outcomes. That way I will be able to add more details and make the work more professional.

Comments

Popular Posts