Major project: Initial ideas

 For the final major project, first I wanted to go with the idea I wanted to do for a long time but didn't have a good reason to make it real, because of how impossible it seems to be. I have always wanted to create my own clothing line, since I love fashion and there's no place that sells quite the perfect clothes for me. It seemed impossible because it is quite a big and very risky project to invest a lot of money in, so a person has to be so confident in their ideas and ready for any mistakes or problems that will come to pursue this path.

 I love being unique and support the idea of each person finding something nice for themselves and being able to make everyday routine of dressing up into art of showing your inside world just as colorful and interesting on the outside. 

I love browsing through pinterest and looking at different outfit ideas, because of this I found out my favorite aesthetic is Dark Academia. This is the main style I will make my clothes store (website) in.



" The fashion of the 1930s and 1940s prominently features in the theme. The clothing items worn by students of elite universities are an important aspect of the subculture's fashion. Vintage-Gothic Parisian styles are also a major component of dark academia's fashion. The fashion also focuses on monochrome tones. Some of the statement pieces would be: Blazers,
Oversized Cardigans, Sweater Vests, Huge Glasses, Cosy Mufflers, Plaid Skirts, Long socks/Stockings, Boots, Ties" (Sneha Negi's blog, 2020)

As Negi mentioned, the main pieces are supposed to be be sweaters, blazers, skirts and so on. Which is exactly what I am planning to add to my website.


Ralph Lauren, Autumn 2016


I rationalized this idea and decided to go with the graphic designer path instead of fashion designer, because since childhood, my interests changed and now I focus more on the layout of the website and logos than clothes themselves. That means my main project is going to be the website that I am going to design. 


References: 

Negi, S. (2020) A beginner’s Guide to Dark Academia, A Beginner’s Guide to Dark Academia. Available at: https://eclecticwordblenderthisside.blogspot.com/2020/11/a-beginners-guide-to-dark-academia.html (Accessed: 20 October 2023).



Comments

Popular Posts